JOB TITLE: Peer Support Specialist
LOCATION(S): All (Including Remote)
REQUIRED CREDENTIAL(S): PSS
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
HOURS: Approx. 15-20 hours per week minimum. Additional hours available.
Revive Counseling Center seeks a part-time Peer Support Specialist to provide Peer Support/Recovery Coaching to clients of the practice.
Revive Counseling Center is a faith-based multi-disciplinary group practice providing counseling, psychotherapy, case management and wellness services to clients across its offices in Western Kentucky.
This position is an excellent opportunity for individuals who have previously found freedom and recovery from alcohol and/or drug addiction and wish to use the tools they’ve learned to assist others in a professional manner.
The Peer Support Specialist is expected to:
- Hold one-on-one recovery coaching sessions with clients.
- Lead recovery meeting groups with assigned clients.
- Provide recovery education to participants for every phase of the recovery journey from pre-recovery engagement, recovery initiation, recovery stabilization, and sustained recovery maintenance.
- Provide a model for both people in recovery as well as staff to demonstrate that recovery is possible.
- Assist recovering persons to identify their personal interests, goals, strengths, and weaknesses regarding recovery.
- Actively identify and support linkages to community resources (communities of recovery, educational, vocational, social, cultural, spiritual and other resources, mutual self-help groups, professional services, etc.) that support the recovering person’s goals and interests.
- Develop relationships with community groups and agencies in partnership with others in the agency.
- Identify barriers (internal and external) to full participation in community resources and developing strategies to overcome those barriers.
- Maintain contact with program participants through all stages of recovery.
- Timely complete written records as required by policies of the practice.
- Collaborate with participant’s treatment team including psychotherapists, case managers, PCP’s, etc.
- Participate in the implementation of community educational programs.
- Follow all requirements and governmental regulations, including HIPAA, ethics, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
The work schedule is determined upon hire, based upon the employee’s availability and the needs of the practice. If the employee has additional employment outside the practice, the working schedule can be set to be flexible around the other employment, so long as the schedule remains consistent. Weekends and/or evenings may be required.
The Case Manager is required to hold a minimum caseload of 8 clients, provided such clients are provided/referred by the practice. The Case Manager may have additional clients if they wish (up to a maximum of 25), in accordance with their agreed-upon working schedule. This position is not required to be on call.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Active, unrestricted Kentucky certification as a Peer Support Specialist (or ability to earn credential within six months of employment).
- Available to hold a case load of at least 12 clients.
- Two years in recovery from alcohol and/or drug addiction.
- Ability, understanding, education, and comfortability with integrating Christian faith-based measures in the client relationship.
OTHER PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree in psychology, counseling, or related human services field.
- One year of post-graduation experience providing services to substance abuse population.
We think we’re one of the greatest places around to work. We enjoy the privilege of integrating our faith with therapy and helping clients find spiritual, emotional, and physical wellness by practicing from a person-centered, whole-person approach. Benefits of working at Revive Counseling Center include:
- Collaboration with a fun, energetic and engaging team. (If you enjoy coming to work, closing your door, and not talking to anyone else for the day, you probably won’t enjoy working here.)
- Relatively flexible scheduling, allowing you to take personal time as necessary.
- Access to all items necessary to do your work, including up-to-date workstations, EHR systems, and company provided internet, phone, and email access.
- Additional continuing education opportunities.
- Opportunities to move up within the organization.
- Opportunities to grow in income as client load and hours increase.
HOW TO APPLY
Have your cover letter and resume handy, and click here to apply. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!